CFD-GEOM is ESI Group's powerful yet easy-to-use state-of-the-art geometry and grid generation system. With an extensive set of geometry creation and manipulation, CAD import, and mesh generation capabilities, CFD-GEOM provides meshes for ESI Group's CFD solver packages CFD-ACE+ and CFD-FASTRAN. Highly flexible, it can also be combined with other CFD/FEA/CAE packages.
A unique feature of CFD-GEOM is the support for the scripting language Python. All geometry and mesh functionality is accessible from Python script language, enabling the end-user to create custom parametric script templates for his or her analysis case. The geometry/mesh templates can be used for automated parametric or optimization runs from SimManager.
Features of CFD-GEOM include:
- Easy-to-Learn, Easy-to-Use Graphical User Interface with highly intuitive point and click operation
- Extremely fast and efficient multi-block structured, unstructured, hybrid, and body-aligned polyhedral mesh generation
- Numerous controls for specifying local mesh density and global grid quality
- Automatic mesh updates after geometry or mesh modification
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Extensive geometry import capabilities via SAT, IGES, and other formats
- Numerous tools for creating geometries from scratch and cleaning up dirty geometries imported from other CAD systems
- Scripting and journaling
ACE+ Suite modules
ACE+ Suite comprises of the modules which can be used solely, coupled or in conjunction with complimenting software.