PAM-COMPOSITES simulation software features the following application modules:
- Draping and Thermoforming: Analyze draping and thermoforming of dry textiles and prepreg materials (organosheet or fiber reinforced thermoset)
- Liquid Composites Molding: Analyze Liquid Composites Molding (LCM) processes, such as Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) and Infusion
- Curing: Analyze curing of thermoset composite parts
- Computation of residual stresses and geometrical distortions: Predict manufacturing induced residual stresses and shape distortion of composite parts
- Data transfer from CATIA CPD to ESI solution: CPD-to-ESI, Transfer data from CATIA CPD to ESI simulation solution software
These modules communicate with each other by transferring material information, such as shearing, temperature and degree of cure, from one stage of the process to the next.
From there, you can transfer manufacturing results to structural analysis for an “as-built” instead of “as-designed” structural analysis. Thanks to this process/design approach, you minimize your design margins and optimize the weight reduction of your products.
ESI Group have published a webinar recording about Composites Manufacturing Simulation!